World Scientific Publishing (incorporating Imperial College Press), an independent STM publisher, is looking for an experienced office manager/PA to be based at their London office in Covent Garden. You will be joining a small, friendly team comprising the editorial and marketing arms of a company with international operations and headquarters in Singapore. As you may be required to liaise with our overseas offices in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, US and India, it would be advantageous if you are effectively bilingual in Chinese and English.
This is a varied and challenging role that offers opportunities to play an active part in the general running of a lively office and its related systems.
Applicants should be proactive, discreet and diplomatic, and ideally have a background in publishing.
Salary: based on experience
- Experience in accounts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to liaise confidently with people at all levels
Please email your CV and a cover letter stating your salary expectations and explaining how your skills and experience make you suitable for the post, to Roberta Cucuzza at Roberta@wspc.co.uk. No agencies please.
- Accounts: pay vendors, taxes, royalties
- Act as PA to the Chairman and Managing Director when they are in London, and remotely when they are based in Singapore
- Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of the office building and facilities
- Maintain clear and accurate records and systems
- Oversee IT admin
- Undertake office administrative duties as required
- Maintain office services and efficiency
- Liaise with Singapore head office on all relevant aspects of the job
- Develop and implement new administrative systems
- Supporting staff with attendance to conferences and other events
- Any other duties as might be reasonably expected